Vietnam Holiday (Part Two)

Entrance gate to one of the pagodas in Hoi An.  I can't remember the name as I forgot to note it down.  I sat across the road outside a tailor shop and drew this.  The women in the shop were very keen to sell me some clothes.  There are many tailors Hoi An and competition is fierce.  The old part Hoi An is extremely very well preserved, there are many wooden Chinese shop houses and temples and pagodas.

Huge Incense coils hanging the Cantonese Assembly Hall in Hoi An.


Tam Tam Cafe in Hoi An.  Coloured lanterns hanging in the streets make Hoi An very atmospheric at night.

Relaxing on An Bang Beach near Hoi An.  It was very hot while we were in Hoi An.  We hired bicycles and rode to the beach to try and escape the heat.

Scooters are everywhere in Vietnam.

On the riverbank drawing the boats that take people into the Phong Nha cave.  Phong Nha cave is in Phong Nha-Kẻ Bàng National Park, a UNESCO world heritage site and is one of the worlds largest karst linestone regions.  The scenery in this area is beautiful.  We saw three caves and they were spectacular.  These cute children and their dad came to see what I was doing. 


Typical condiments.

Cat Co Two Beach.  Once of three beaches near Cat Ba town on Cat Ba Island.  The beaches are imaginatively named Cat Co One, Two and Three.  These beaches are beautiful but spoiled by litter.

Cat Co Two Beach


Bia hoi (freshly brewed beer) in Hanoi.  I loved Bia hoi.  What could be better than sitting in the street drinking decent fresh beer soaking up the sights and sounds of the city.

Cong Caphe in Hanoi serve delicious iced coffee with coconut and milk.



Side view of St Joseph Catheral in Hanoi.  Side view because that's where I could find shade and because I like the small square details on the sides.  I'm not sure what the are, small windows maybe, but I don't remember seeing them on the inside.

We visited the Vietnam Fine Art Museum in Hanoi.  It was excellent.  I especially liked the collection of buddha statues.


A sugar cane juice machine at a street food stall in Hanoi.

Comments

Popular Posts